To get the most value from Transition Training, here's what Jan has to say:
- To maximize exposure and learning, BE CURRENT. If you are not current I
recommend getting a Flight Review prior to scheduling with me or plan a longer
transition training session to include the Flight Review.
- Be aware that the RV is not a "basic trainer". Things can happen quickly in this
airplane so if you're a bit rusty, we will need time to get you safe as a RV pilot.
- Plan on spending two days if you are current, three to four days if you are not.
- Review and practice emergency procedures.
- Study! Break out your books and get in the game. Flying is a cognitive act. Fresh
motor skills aren’t enough. You need to understand the fundamental concepts of
flight dynamics, instrumentation and rules.